SALT – Job opportunity for administrator
SALT South West Administrator
Weekly hours: 10.5
Pay: £9.10 hourly
Deadline for applications is 17.00 hrs on Tuesday 12th November 2019.
Interviews will be held on 20th November 2019.
Christian administrator wanted for Christian team working with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse. Hours to be worked split between a Monday (9-2) and Wednesday (9-2) to ensure telephone cover. Attendance at team meetings on alternate Wednesdays is an essential requirement. SALT is currently an all female service which requires a female administrator in line with our Ministry of Justice requirements.
Responsibilities and Essential skills needed:
- IT Literate (including Excel, Word, Publisher, emails, scanning and printing.
- Management of filing systems, collecting, organising and managing various data reports for funders and Management Committee, including statistics.
- Sourcing appropriate grants, Grant applications and reporting including collection of data.
- Produce and send out regular prayer diaries and newsletters.
- Attendance at regular internal supervision.
- Office stock ordering.
- Keep clear written records, including minutes and reports.
- Promote good record keeping within the team, including time sheets and service users’ records.
- Ability to answer phone in a professional, friendly and polite manner, and able to handle sensitive/emotional/distressing information.
- Understanding of GDPR/Data Protection requirements and/or willing to attend training.
- Maintain, promote, and ensure confidentiality at all times.
- Alongside all team members, to maintain good Health and Safety standards including cleanliness of the building.
- Maintain and manage a small petty cash allocation.
SALT is a Christian based organisation and therefore Prayer, Scripture reading, faith discussions and sharing Christian life are the basis of SALT practice for the whole team. Flexibility, tolerance, listening skills and ability to prioritise are required, alongside willingness to learn and support others. SALT provides an environment of openness and honesty, with good support and flexibility. Supervision is integral to our practice for the whole team, including opportunity to share in the amazing things God does in our midst for us and service users! We adhere to all legal requirements for an established charity, and external/internal training will be offered. There is a genuine occupational requirement for this post to be filled by a committed mature Christian in good standing with a local church. Ministers’ references will be requested alongside a DBS check.