St Aidan’s are searching for a Mission & Evangelism Pastor
Job Title: Job Vacancy for Mission & Evangelism Pastor (Part-time, permanent), SEA Church, St Aidan’s, Ernesettle
Short Description: To support, enable and assist with all aspects of mission and evangelism at St Aidan’s, Ernesettle, with a particular emphasis on mission and evangelism among adults in the local community. £9p/hr, 12hrs p/wk. For more details please contact Rev. Adam Price, email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: 30th-August-2019
St Aidan’s, Ernesettle
Post: Mission & Evangelism Pastor (Part-time)
Purpose: To support, enable and assist with all aspects of mission and evangelism at St Aidan’s, Ernesettle, with a particular emphasis on mission and evangelism among adults in the local community.
Contract: Part-Time, Permanent
Church & Staff Team
St Aidan’s, Ernesettle, is a new church plant that began worshipping in January 2019. The church was planted from St Budeaux Parish Church. The church plant is led by, Rev. Adam Price, enabled and assisted by his experienced church plant team.
The vision of the plant is to establish a deeply worshipful and prayerful church family in the heart of Ernesettle, that is able to reach out to the surrounding community with the power and the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ, filled with His Holy Spirit and constantly seeking to enter His presence and be guided by Him through His grace and love.
Responsibilities & Context
The Mission and Evangelism Pastor will develop further of a culture of invitation at St Aidan’s. This role will promote and enable Alpha, Hosting & Welcome at services, Local Outreach and Social Transformation Initiatives. The person will help new and existing evangelistic and mission projects to flourish; the role will be responsible for building up and supporting leaders and teams as required for the development and growth of this area of work. The Mission & Evangelism Pastor will be key in growing, measuring and casting a vision for a culture of invitation and outreach.
This role will be an ambassador for St Aidan’s Alpha Courses, as well as other Social Transformation Projects, and will represent us in developing new areas of work and to our existing partners. The postholder will play a lead in clarifying and focusing the aims of evangelism and mission at St Aidan’s, and identifying methods to engage and invite people into church family locally and in the context of wider initiatives.
Scale & Scope of Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a church plant at an early stage and to take a key role in shaping all aspects of mission and evangelism within the church. It is envisioned that the role will develop and be shaped as the church continues to establish its presence within the local community.
As a key member of the team, it is expected that you will work closely with the plant leader and other key ministry leads, and that together you would take an integral role in developing and shaping the life of the church plant, focusing on how mission and evangelism can be at the heart of all of the different ministries of the church.
Roles and Responsibilities
We expect this role and the work it oversees to grow and develop as the church grows in its mission.
- Work with other leaders at St Aidan’s to grow a culture of invitation in every part of church life, so that everyone can invite anyone to something we do.
- Lead Alpha at St Aidan’s, ensuring teams are in place to run groups and deliver logistics for the course.
- Collaborate with other church communities and networks to maximise the impact of our evangelism and mission work
- Liaise with and ensure appropriate levels of engagement with our Mission Partners.
Mission and Invitation
- Work with other staff and leaders to develop invitational, evangelistic and mission campaigns around particular seasons, events, and opportunities
- Work with other organisations and churches to develop mission projects inviting people into the church family
- Identify and plan opportunities for invitation linked to Alpha, other events & courses
- Ensure that there is a focused and prioritised approach to evangelism and mission projects to avoid overstretching or burnout
- Undertaking such other duties as may from time to time be assigned
- An active Christian faith: passionate about the mission of St Aidan’s, Ernesettle to see Jesus Loved, Churches Grown and Society Transformed.
- A personal gifting in outreach and evangelism
- Experience in leading and developing leaders, teams and volunteers
- Experience of church leadership, ordained or lay, paid or voluntary
- Ability to manage various simultaneously running projects
- The postholder would need to become a regular member of St Aidan’s, Ernesettle
- Working Week: The working week of the successful applicant will consist of 12-hours a week. Hours of working will be flexible e.g. later starts on days where the worker is participating in evening meetings/groups
- Annual leave: 6 weeks per year pro rata, 9 days in total, plus public holidays
- Remuneration: £9 per hour, £5,616 per annum
- Professional Support: Funding will be available to meet identified training requirements and to offer opportunities for professional development, attendance at appropriate conferences etc.
- Working Context: A desk and appropriate laptop will be provided within the shared office space in the church
- It is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that the person appointed is a committed practising Christian. The Employment Equality (Religion and Belief) Regulations 2003 section 7.2 applies
- Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure and Independent Safeguarding Authority registration. St Aidan’s is committed to safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment
- The appointment is subject to a probationary period of 6 months
Timescale of Appointment
- The closing date for applications is Friday 30th August 2019. A CV and covering letter should sent to Rev. Adam Price, St Aidan’s Church, 42 West Malling Avenue, Ernesettle, Plymouth, PL5 2SS – or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews are scheduled to take place between Monday 02nd September and Friday 13th September 2019.
- Start date subject to negotiation. We are aiming for as early a start date as is practical.