Youth Worker needed at St. Andrew’s, Buckland Monachorum.
Youth Worker at St. Andrew’s, Buckland Monachorm
We are looking to appoint a half-time youth worker from June 2018. Salary £10000 plus expenses.
This is a wonderful and vibrant parish, within a semi-rural setting, on the edge of Dartmoor, five miles from Tavistock. Our congregational life encompasses all ages. Our youth ministry is growing, and we are seeing teens nurtured and encouraged in their faith. The vacancy comes because our present youth leader is being ordained, and, of necessity, will join another parish.
- Lead youth ministry in the parish.
- Develop/oversee programmes for all young people in the church community.
- Be available as the focal point for all youth related matters.
- Deliver ministry to specific age groups.
- Encourage outreach in the wider parish, including our primary school.
- Build relationships with parents and the church family.
- Attend our annual week long parish camp in July, providing input for our youth.
The candidate should
- Have relevant qualifications.
- Have a heart commitment to youth ministry.
- Own a biblically based faith.
- Be fully DBS checked.
- Support programmes such as Alpha, Freedom in Christ, and youth Emmaus.
For the person appointed we will seek to provide regular support, a team presence, and a commitment to build up and offer training and encouragement. This is a prayerful church.
Application closing date: April 30th.
Please send CV and application letter to Graham Cotter, The Vicarage, Buckland Monachorum, PL207LQ